Tomorrow I start my 3 month Okinawa Diet

I am tired of being over weight. I can't count how many times I've lost weight and gained it back . I weigh 127kg (280 Lbs.) Being so big in Japan is a nuisance. My weight is always the main topic of conversation where ever I go. I am desperate to lose weight.

Last year I met a holistic doctor in a small restaurant. He examined my head, neck and arms and gave me 5 pieces of advice:

  1. Drink 12 cups of warm sanpin tea each day for 3 months.
  2. Eat 1.5 cups of konnyaku jelly each day for 3 months.
  3. Eat half of a medium size goya (bitter mellon) each day for 3 months.
  4. Eat 10cm of boiled gobo (burdock) root each day for 3 months.
  5. Eat a big pinch of konbu seaweed 3 times a week for the rest of my life

He was a well meaning and sincere man. He was born in Taiwan. His father was Okinawan. But I ignored his advice. Now I plan to give it a try. I am desperate. I am tired of my weight being the main topic of conversation. I am tired of "small" seats and narrow corridors. I am just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment