6 Week Review

I just finished my 6th week. I have 51 days or about 7 weeks left to reach my goal of losing 42kg (92lbs) in three months. To date, I've lost 21kg (46lbs). Week by week I've lost: 5kg, 2kg, 4kg, 4kg, 2kg, and 4kg.

I have no complaints on my progress so far. I believe I am a bit cranky at times. My wife does not think so. She feels I procrastinate less about other things not related to dieting.

I started with 8 goals to help me facilitate my weight loss plan. The first three goals I made after reading about other people who were successful in dieting. The last 5 goals were made on the advice of an old Holistic practitioner.

Goal 1 - Weight myself everyday. I have done this without fail. I can't imagine being on a diet and not checking everyday. One should get in sync with the rhythm of their body and diet. If I have time I am going to plot my daily weight against my calorie consumption and exercises time. I would love to see the moving averages.

Goal 2 -Consume 1600 calories a day. I am averaging about 1550 calories a day.

Goal 3 - Exercise 1.5 hours a day. I am averaging 2 hours a day. 1.75 hours a day for the first 3 weeks and 2.25 hours a day for the last 3 weeks. This is about the maximum time I can budget. I am going to have to work on increasing intensity. My bad knee really limits me here. I can't afford to be cocky.

Goal 4 - Drink 12 cups of Sanpin Tea everyday. I average about 1 litre a day.

Goal 5 - Eat 1.5 cups of Konnyaku a day. I average about 1 cup a day. I am falling in love with the stuff.

Goal 6 - Eat half a Goya a day. I really am failing here. I eat 1 Goya a week. However, I drink at least 1 litre of Goya tea everyday.

Goal 7 - Eat 10 cm of Gobo a day. I have exceeded this goal by a huge margin. It is an "earthy" vegetable and I really like it. I put in my soup, salads and eat it, just plain boiled.

Goal 8 -Eat Konbu three times a week. I have exceeded this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment