Day 70 Review

It was a very wet day. The reservoirs are filling up and the farmers are hopefully happy. I was late getting to the gym. With only an hour and a half to train I decided to reduce my weight training by half and hour. I ate over 2000 calories today in order to bring my daily average calorie count closer to 1500. I feel stuffed.

I wrote about this before. My wife's 93 year old grandfather often repeats an old piece of advice - Hara Hachi Bu. Which means you should stop eating when your stomach is 80% full. Okinawans are some of the longest living people in the world so the advice is probably sound. The trouble is knowing when you are 80% full. Also, if you are only eating three meals a day, it is a challange. In my experience, Okinawans eat 4 or 5 meals a day and are always snacking. The big thing is the much smaller portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment