Random Thoughts

I was reading the article "Why do we eat fast food" over at the diet blog. This caught my attention
" Interestingly, people who thought fast food was unhealthy ate as much of it as those who didn't think this. The researchers believe that this indicates the current health messages just aren't making an impact"

"...showing an increase in the amount of fast food that America's teens are eating, it's crucial that the right messages are being sent"

If you want to get people to stop eating junk food then tax it like you do tobacco and alcohol. It is that simple. Like every normal person I am generally against all tax increases but I do wonder why fast food gets a free ride. I read about Mr. Obama raising tabacco tax but we know he would never touch fast food - way too many fat voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment