Day 67 Review

It was a good day.

I think I am doing really well in the veggie department. Between my salad and soup I consumed 8 cups of diced vegetables. In total, I consumed 9 different kinds of vegetables; Gobo (Burdock), Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Yellow Peppers, Onions, Lettuce, Fuchiba (Mugwort Leaves) Carrots, and Bean Sprouts. If you include Kombu, a type of seaweed, as a vegetable, then I ate 10 different kinds of vegetables.

The only vegetables I have avoided on this diet are potatoes. I am trying hard to reduce all starch in my diet. I have not eaten any rice, bread or pasta. I stopped eating rice about 1 year ago as I noticed my heart would start pumping hard after eating a medium size bowl. I don't think the doctor took me serious. To be on the safe side, I have limited my rice consumption. Not easily done in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment